Volcanoes and Earthquakes
With the Geo Detectives series, join two young detectives, Ava and George, in a hands-on exploration of the natural world. Learn about exciting geography topics, then investigate further with fun activities and projects to do at home and outside.
What happens when a volcano erupts? Can we predict earthquakes? Where do most earthquakes occur in the world? Discover what amazing things happen in nature and use your own skills to find out why! Get answers about:
- Tectonic plates using a soggy biscuit
- How gas blows cinders out of a crater with popcorn, a plate, a cup and a straw
- Which materials are the best protection against heat using a chocolate bar
- How to measure quakes by making your own seismometer from everyday items
- Tsunamis by making your own model tsunami wave
- And much more!
- : 9780711244603
- : Quarto Publishing Group UK
- : QEB Publishing Inc.
- : September 2019
- : ---length:- '10.394'width:- '8.346'units:- Inches
- : books
- : Chris Oxlade; Anita Ganeri; Paulina Morgan (Illustrator); Richard Hatwood (Consultant Editor)
- : Paperback
- : English
- : 551.21
- : 32